Programs and Centers
The Center for Latin American Studies partners with other SDSU programs and centers, including the following:
- Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC)
- Behner Stiefel Center for Brazilian Studies
- Center for International Business Education Research (CIBER)
- Institute for the Regional Studies of the Californias (IRSC)
- International Security and Conflict Resolution (ISCOR)
- California Global Education Project (CGEP)
Teaching and Community
Over a number of years CLAS has gathered a vast amount of indigenous resources to create educational materials that can be used in the community and/or classroom.
- Learn about the Mixtec culture, language, and everyday life, by visiting mixtec.sdsu.edu A site maintained by the CLAS.
- Kumeyaay Language Lessons
- Tá falado:Brazilian Portuguese Pronunciation for Speakers of Spanish
- List of Programs for Less Commonly Taught Languages
San Diego State University - University of Michigan Global Migration and Education Initiative (GMEI)
This collaborative project between San Diego State University (SDSU) and the University of Michigan (U-M) aims to provide innovative professional development opportunities for K-12 and Community College Educators in Michigan and California. The collaboration’s keystone project, the Global Migration and Inclusive Pedagogy workshop series, is an annual event that brings educators from Michigan and California to the US-Mexico border at the San Diego-Tijuana artery in order to better understand global migration flows and inclusive strategies for teaching in increasingly diverse classrooms.
This project is supported by a Title VI National Resource Center Grant from the US Department of Education. It is administered by the U-M Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, the SDSU Center for Latin American Studies, the SDSU College of Education, the SDSU Office of International Affairs, and the SDSU Center for Equity, Bilingualism, Biliteracy, and Binational Education Research (CEBER).
Please visit our PROJECT WEBSITE for more information on our upcoming activities and to access resources.
Are you a Michigan or California educator or school/district administrator that would like to be involved in this project? Please contact: Alana Rodriguez at [email protected] or Alexandra Fox at [email protected] for details.