News & Events
Tinker Foundation Field Research Grant
Graduate students interested in Latin American may qualify for a Tinker grant!
CLAS has received a Field Research Grant from the Tinker Foundation to fund pre-dissertation or thesis fieldwork in Latin America. The objective of this grant is to provide students with the opportunity to immerse themselves into their perspective fields and attain language knowledge, cultural background, initiate research contacts, network with institutions and possible informants and/or research subjects, and gather preliminary research data.
- Tuesday, February 4 @ 1:00 PM in AL-379
- Wednesday, February 12 @ 2:00 PM in AL-379
- Thursday, February 20 @ 2:00 PM in AL-379
- Monday, February 24 @ 3:00 PM in AL-379
For more information, please see our Tinker Field Research Grant page.
Study Abroad in Oaxaca
Learn more at our Spring 2020 Info Sessions in Arts and Letters, Room 318.
- Thursday, January 23 @ 1 PM
- Monday, January 27 @ 11 AM
- Wednesday, February 5 @ 3 PM
- The Native and Indigenous Healing Garden is scheduled to open on March 21 as part of the university’s annual Explore SDSU all-campus
event. The garden is part of the Aztec Identity Initiative, chaired by Dr. Ramona Pérez.
- Congratulations to Anthro major, Delana Delgado, for her honorable mention in the 2019 SDSU Be International Photo Contest. Her photo, "Los Danzantes Resilientes," was taken during our summer study abroad program
in Oaxaca, Mexico.
- Meet Mundo Azteca's founder, Arturo Garcia. Created six years ago, this section on the Daily Aztec, represents the Latinx community at SDSU.
- Statement from the SDSU Center for Latin American Studies on the recent unrest in
- Congratulations to Dr. Ramona Pérez, who has been elected to serve as president-elect/vice president (2019-2021) for the American Anthropological Association (AAA). Dr. Pérez will begin
her term at the AAA’s Annual Meeting in November and will assume the office of president
at the 2021 Meeting. The AAA is the world’s largest association for professional
anthropologists, with more than 10,000 members.